When it comes to building lean muscle mass, many people assume that supplements for lean muscle are the most important. While they are important, there are many other factors to take into consideration.
For instance, you need to ensure that good nutrition along with training the muscles is right up there at the top of the list. There also needs to be rest periods in between workout to allow the muscles to fully repair and rebuild themselves. In fact, giving your muscles time to rest is one of the best things you can do to make them grow!
Lean muscle supplements make a good addition to an already healthy diet and workout plan. They do not make up for improper training and will only work if you follow a proper workout regime.
Why Supplements For Lean Muscle Gain Are Important
Not all supplements are equal; some are more important than others and will depend upon what your goals are. Some important ones are even underrated. Below we will take a look at some of the important supplements for improving muscle mass:
- Vitamins and Minerals – Although basic, these play an important role in building muscle mass. When the body is put under extra strain during workouts more vitamins and minerals are used. If these vitamins and minerals are not replaced, you could easily become deficient in certain nutrients. Even a small deficiency can hinder muscle growth. Food alone cannot be relied upon these days to provide all the essential nutrients that your body requires, it may therefore be necessary to supplement on a good multivitamin formula.
- Protein – This is the building block of the muscles and is an important supplement to take. Ensure that the protein you supplement on is whey protein as this has the most beneficial effect. Not only does it improve performance, it also reduces stress and certain hormones that destroy muscles. The amino-acids found in whey protein are essential if you want to reach your goals.
- Essential Fatty Acids – Omega-3 are essential fatty acids that cannot be naturally produced by the body, they therefore need to come from the diet or supplementation. These supplements for lean muscle are important as they improve energy production and also help trim body fat. They are also important for repairing muscles tissue. Some of the other benefits include: anti-inflammatory properties, improved brain functioning and increased heart health.
- Vitamin C – This vitamin is important as it helps the recovery process after workouts. It suppresses the amount of the muscle destroying hormone. Studies have shown that when taken 1 hour before a workout, vitamin C significantly reduces soreness of the muscles and speeds up the recovery time.
- Creatine – Although not essential, creatine is good for improving workouts. It works by providing sharp bursts of energy to the muscles, allowing for more repetitions of weights, and leads to faster muscle gain.
- Glutamine – This amino acid is classified as “non-essential”. But for people involved in intense anaerobic exercise such as weight training it becomes essential as it gets used up quickly. It also aids in recovery, an essential part of muscular growth.
The above are just a few of the many supplements for lean muscle available on the market, but are the ones that are the truly important.
Be cautious of anything claiming to improve muscle mass in a matter of days. These will not work. Building muscle is about training hard and consuming the correct diet!